What are the myths and facts about registered electronic communication? We put the common misconceptions to rest.
“It isn’t legal”
| The legislative acts that govern and facilitate the use of electronic communications have been in place since:|
– 1986 (US) – 30 years old!
– 2000 (UK)
– 2002 (ZA)
– 2007 (United Nations)
“Nothing is more secure than a physical signature”
|Nonsense! Click here to see why.|
“My Customers aren’t tech-savvy”
|– 9.7 million or 59% of people aged between 18 – 34 years in South Africa have personally accessed the internet in the past year. 95% of these accessed the internet using their mobile phones! (AMPS2014B)|
– As at 22 July 2016, the World Bank estimated that there were 149 mobile phone users per 100 people in South Africa, which translates to 77.1m mobile subscriptions!
Which non tech-savvy Customers are you referring to?
“My current (manual) process works just fine”
|Maybe it does… but you also moved away from a perfectly functional fax machine… little did you know at the time that the cost of paper, telephone connections and general efficiencies added up so quickly!|
“New technology is unstable and unreliable”
|Correct. This is usually the case, not to mention the greater risk of defects.|
Our tech, however, has been operating globally since 2005.
Benefits of early adoption
- Get ‘one-up’ over the competition – achieve both cost savings as well as efficiencies (less error due to manual re-work) by utilizing modern electronic alternatives.
- The Global Village will catch up – even though you may think you’re a local player, technology now allows for international competition. You need to be thinking like an international giant.
- 25 hours in a day – efficiency equals money! Being able to ‘do more with less’ resources has a direct impact on your bottom line. Embrace the change!